Building on yesterday's post,  here's adding a search to the same JQuery list: SQL Developer Exchange Requests

SQL Developer Exchange Requests

The REST Template is only different by adding in a bind variable and adjusting the select some:

The other thing I added into the JQuery list is the weight of the searched items.  Which can be seen in the blue bar here:

The javascript changes are also fairly small. I made a function named search which takes in what the text is to search on. Then few lines to bind the function and the listviewbeforefilter event together.

// attach to the before filter in the list
$( "#results" ).on( "listviewbeforefilter", function ( e, data ) {
// grab the value of the search field
var $ul = $( this ),
$input = $( data.input ),
value = $input.val();
// if blanked go back to the recent list
if ( value == '' ) {
} else {
// debugging
console.log("Loading Search:"+value);

function search(search){
console.log("searching for '" + search + "'");
// out with the old

// in with the new
url: "" + search ,
type: "GET",
success: function (data) {
if ( data.items.length == 0 ){ noResults();}
ko.applyBindings(data, document.getElementById("searchPage"));